Sorry fellow readers that I have neglected you for so long. With my senior year of high school starting up, golf matches starting to happen, and my RV-8 build starting, it is hard to find time to post as recently as I would like. So my apologies to all of you!
Now that thats out of the way, I shall share with you all my progress in the last week of building! And of course pictures will show more than I can in typing. So here is a little overview, I got the kit and we inventoried to make sure everything was here. Then I recieved tools from my tool sponsor, Cleaveland Tools. After looking through everything I got my step dad and I built a work table to start the build. After a quick assembly of a table we began the first stages of building…. Filling the horizontal stabilizer spars. We then called it a night and went to bed. Now as I sit here typing we have succesfully completed drilling all the holes to the correct size for riveting and also have clecoed the elevator hinges to the spar. And now I am on a search to find primer etc.. for the continuation of the build.
Primer is very important to have for the parts so that you parts don’t get ruined over time and loose their integrity! I went to my local Napa shop and they said they did not carry spray cans of self etching primer, so sadly I have a feeling Ill have to order online. Other than that I am still in the very beggining stages of building so there isnt as much to write about.
I would like to thank Cleavelend Tools again for providing me with the tools to build my airplane, your a huge help!
Now for some pictures:
Until Next Time,